About Richard Harris Solicitors Cornwall
Richard Harris was previously a partner and the head of personal injury department in a local city firm.
He has special expertise in personal injury claims in the Plymouth area, particularly with Devonport Dockyard and other local industries.
A leading figure in the personal injury field in Plymouth and Cornwall
One of the leading figures in the personal injury field in Plymouth and Cornwall but also on a national level. He has experience against a number of the leading national “players” for big city firms in London or Bristol in the larger complex cases.
Although the majority of his clients come from Devon and Cornwall he has many clients nationally and even internationally in Europe, Canada and Australia.
He has dealt with a number of accidents abroad and involving air travel under the Warsaw Convention 1929 and train disasters.
Whilst he has the expertise to deal with the largest, most complex claims no claim is too small. All are approached with the same expert attention and professionalism.
We have local knowledge. Our offices are in the heart of Torpoint and overlook Devonport Dockyard and we live in the area.
We treat you in the way we would like to be treated.
- We are available to come to see you at your own home at times suitable to you (this includes evenings and weekends).
- You usually get straight through to Richard Harris. If not available, he calls you back. He gives you straightforward honest advice based upon 30 years of experience. At this firm there are no tricks to make more money or hidden deals.
- We are technically very good. We have the knowledge and experience to get you the maximum compensation. We know the tricks that the Insurance Companys and their solicitors will try.
- We know which experts to use for a particular case.
- Your case will not be settled for an undervalue nor drawn out unnecessarily.
- There are no hidden surprises with your damages and no unexpected deductions. 25% is what is likely to be taken from your damages towards your own legal costs but that’s it.
But at the end of the day it’s your case and you don’t have to go for every last penny if you don’t want to – but with us you have the option so that you end up with decent and reasonable compensation for your injury.
Richard Harris was educated at Stockport School which was a LEA grammar school and at Stockport College of Technology before obtaining a 2.1 LLB Law Degree at Warwick University and passing his Solicitors Finals at the College of Law in Chester. He completed his article at Band Hatton Solicitors , Coventry before moving upon qualification to Eversheds Solicitors, Birmingham. He moved to Rowley Ashworths to specialise in personal injury at specialist personal injury firm in Exeter before moving to Gard & Co in Plymouth where he set up a specialist personal injury department and became a partner before working as a senior solicitor at Chris Kallis Solicitors which he left to set up his own specialist personal injury firm.